Monday, January 14, 2013

For my project so far I have printed out all of my postcards and have completed one of them. It was about the fleet stopping in Magdalena bay for gunnery practice. I am posing as a sailor named Tim on the uss Alabama. Each of my postcards are from a different location and I will be telling of every stop. The places include California Egypt Mexico Peru British Ceylon (Sri Lanka) and Japan. I will tell of the experiences the sailors had at each location.

Library of Congress - Found dates of when the fleet got to different ports
Post Cards - Found the different post cards I used
AVL - Information about hardships on the fleet
Navy History - Found information about what the sailors did a different ports
Newspapers - Found primary source from newspaper article about fleet going to Japan

No comments:

Post a Comment